Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Come a little closer baby.. I feel like laying you down


Day 6: Clear Lake, TX & Houston TX



Today the day started out wonderful with a great breakfast at this cute little place. I had a great cheese and jalapeno omelet. We then left for the Rodeo at 12:30 pm...and have just now returned. What an eventful day. 

Upon arrival.. Galen and I went around into the Livestock show in Reliant stadium. Took some great pictures. We then found this amazing traveling candy store. If you know me at all... you know that I was in heaven when I saw this. We then looked at all the animals. I liked looking at the bunnies the best. I saw a cow for the first time today too. They are so cute when they are little. It makes me feel bad eating them. But whatev.. they are too good to not to. We then sat and watched these horses chase little baby cows out of the group. I found it sad.

Once it turned 5:30 we went and ate some good barbeque. I can not express the quality of the pulled pork sandwich that I devoured. It was amazing. We didn't stop there though... we then got fried shit. I got fried icecream. As you can see in the picture... the icecream is in the golden brown thing. It was like eating a donut filled with icecream. SO GOOD. Galen got fried Oreo's and her dad got a fried Twinki. Hopefully we all wake up in the morning. I guess wearing Michigan gear makes you popular. Several people have approached us or yelled GO BLUE.

After we ate we made our way to the Astrodome where the rodeo began. I haven't laughed so much in a while. The riders have a lot of talent...but also stupidity for doing something so dangerous..especially sometimes with no helmet! But it did make for quality entertainment. My favorite serious thing was the bull riding. However my favorite thing overall was when the little kids tried to catch a cow and when little 5 and 6 year olds tried to ride crazy sheep. This one poor little boy had the camera in his face as he is clenched to the sheep..already balling. The calf catchers were funny too.. one girl would not let go and held on by the tail.

The performer was Dierks Bentley. He was great. I loved a lot of his songs. I guess I do like country music. My favorite songs he played were "Come a Little Closer" and "I Wanna Make You Shut Your Eyes." Galen and I got to sit behind a huge group of popular kids in high school. We felt ooooh so honored. We made stories about all 40 of them. Most of the stories are true... or will be soon. The show however was great.

Tomorrow Galen and I are going to the beach in Galveston. I have decided to not take my cell phone. Most of this trip has been spent being readily available for anyone who may need me.. and for the most part I have been. But tomorrow I have decided to leave all forms of communication behind and just go back to basics. Hopefully get some thinking done under the sun. I can't wait to get some sun...and some Joe's Crab Shack. So people please... don't have an emergency serious enough tomorrow that would actually be necessary to get a hold of me.

I really hope that I get this thing. It would be wonderful. Everything is sent off and good. The way I look at it.. what's meant to be...will. 

"So maybe it's true
That I can't live without you
And maybe two is better than one
But there's so much time
To figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two is better than one"

-O

No comments:

Post a Comment