Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Want Your Everything as Long as It's Free


Day 7: Galveston, TX

Today Galen and I ventured to Galveston for a nice, peaceful day at the beach. However, it didn't start too peaceful. First, Galen accidently was going a little fast and got a speeding ticket. It doesn't make sense though. But we made it to the beach and found ourselves a cute little place to lay out. It was a little windy so it made it slightly difficult to strip down but we did it anyway. As soon as we laid down and shut our eyes the seagulls just wouldn't shut up. We laid out for about an hour before we both got bored and started taking pictures which can be viewed on facebook. I love this feeling I am currently experiencing... a little burnt with wide and tired eyes. 

We then decided to go get lunch. It was fabulous. It was kind of expensive but totally worth it. Galen and I both got the complete meal. We started with bread and seasoned olive oil, then our tortilla soup. My meal then came out which was grilled shrimp alfredo. It was good.. I still have a hard time eating it though. I also tried a piece of Galen's salmon... I did like that though. Then our entertaining large black waiter came out with a tray of desserts. It was so hard to pick one. I played it safe and got the rich dark brownie with a scoop of bluebell icecream. So good. After lunch we went to the Strand. We didn't stay long. Somewhat dead. 

Tomorrow we are seeing a lot of people. We are going to see Alice in Wonderland with Laura. Should be a good time. I'm very excited for several reasons. 

I can't believe tomorrow is my last full day in Texas. It seems like we have been here for such a long time. Is it possible for it to feel like time has went by so fast but yet has drug along? I don't really know but what I do know is that I am very excited for sunday to come. 

What do you say to taking chances?
-O

No comments:

Post a Comment