Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chocolate Covered Sunshine

Today was wonderful. I went to sleep last night at 10 pm and slept straight through until 10 am. I don't have much to do now except be concerned with myself. I have not been doing much lately except laying out and working out. My hair is getting a bit bleached out and my skin is bronzing over naturally (for once). I don't know if I'm exercising too much.. but who cares? What else is there to do. For once I don't have to worry about who is and isn't calling, what tests to study for, what taping techniques to practice. Sometimes you just gotta do your own thing no matter what anyone says. It's your life. 

Nothing is sweeter than summer time. I have found peace in reading outside on my deck in the sunshine. It has been absolutely beautiful lately, and I appreciate every minute of it. I have found a new love for chocolate covered raisins. They claim to be "chocolate covered sunshine" because of all the antioxidants. Chocolate & Sunshine.. two of my favorite things. Today my grandpa and I sat in the sun and listened to some music together. He offered to fund a vacation for my grandma, my mom and I to go where ever we want. I think we may just take him up on that offer. I suggested Africa.. but my traditional grandma didn't think that was such a "swell" idea.

I've been trying my hardest to stay positive and upbeat. Happiness is a choice, and it isn't going to just come to you, especially if you don't reach for it. It's hard to think past the fact that happiness isn't about getting what you don't have or have lost, but rather appreciating what you do have. The ability to be happy doesn't come from the absence of problems, but rather the capability to deal with them. No matter who you are, where you are, what you are, or who you are with..none will ever bring you happiness on their own, it's what you think about those things that makes the difference. Nothing can bring you happiness besides yourself.

My sister is coming to visit with the kids at the end of the week. I cannot express how excited I am to see her. It has been almost ten years. 

Tomorrow I am going to MSU. Should be a good time. 

"American Honey" -Lady Antebellum 

No comments:

Post a Comment